Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Don’t worry. I’m not going into social justice warrior mode for this post. I wouldn’t anyway. I wanted to wish my American readers a very happy Thanksgiving, no matter what you’re doing and whoever you’re doing it with.
One of the questions I’m asked is if I do Thanksgiving in Australia. I don’t. People have asked me to, but there are a few problems with this:
- I have never cooked a turkey before.
- I have never cooked a ham before.
- I don’t cook meat very often.
- I have never cooked 90% of the stuff we normally have on Thanksgiving. (I could probably make a ton of mashed potatoes. That’s it.)
- I’m too lazy to spend a day cooking.
- Even if I tried to cook this stuff, I probably wouldn’t succeed.
- No cooking I do is good as my mother’s or grandmother’s.
- It’s a ton of carbohydrates… not that I care.
That’s my list of excuses. Plus, I just don’t do it here. No reason for me to do it here, especially cooking like this on a Thursday. People will think I’ve flipped the insane switch in my head.