Happy New Year (maybe a little early)!
It’s the time of the year when people post about how terrible 2018 was and how they hope that 2019 won’t suck as much. Originally, I was going to put all of this in a podcast episode, but since a few crappy things happened, I decided that maybe it was better to just make a post about it.
So what’s happened this year?
- I restarted my personal journal podcast again after being disconnected from podcasting for several years. I didn’t think it would last, honestly.
- I traveled to India for the first time and only barely missed the catastrophic flooding in Kerala. It was a really great experience. I realised that you shouldn’t always listen to the horror stories people tell you before you travel. Your travel experiences differ from anybody else’s and it’s better to go places with a sense of adventure than with terrible expectations.
- I got married to a guy that, to this day, I’m still happy with. He’s really supportive, loving, and still as sexy as ever. (I’m looking forward to bring this guy home to the USA. He’s never been. This is going to be fun.)
- I moved to a rural area of Australia and the experience has been interesting, but I know living out in the country isn’t for me. The fear of bush fires happening is a reality almost every day and it’s so different than what I’ve been living in ten years prior.
- I got a new job that I like. (My partner also got a new job and we work at the same place and for the same organisation… which is why we moved.)
- I am doing whatever I can to get a handle on my anxiety. It’s been a bit difficult to find out what works best, but I’ll get there eventually. I know that it’s going to improve my quality of life immensely!
What are my hopes and dreams for the new year?
- I’m focusing on going back to the USA at the end of 2019, hopefully for a few months. I really miss my family and friends back in Texas.
- I’m hoping to move closer to Melbourne again. You don’t know a good thing you had until it’s no longer there.
- I’m hoping to get another good job that I like. I’m hoping to save a lot more money as well.
- I really hope I can get a handle on my self-confidence, especially professional.
- I need to learn how to say no without feeling incredibly guilty for it.
- I hope to get my strength back and become healthier. Eating better food? Possibly. Exercising, probably. Starting sometime. I kinda miss my defined chest.
I don’t think that any of my “goals” are unobtainable. I basically just need to look after myself a bit better.
For you guys reading this, I hope that you have a fantastic start of the new year and I hope that your 2018 was interesting and made you into a stronger person!