I thought I’d mention that I’ve been working on something that will reward people for linking to (or promoting) my podcast and for helping support my projects. Originally, I wanted to have it done by April, but it looks like that’s not going to happen because I’ve been crazy busy. I’ve been working on it between work shifts and on my days off. In fact, I woke up around 5:00 am to work on it… well, I woke up, but not for this purpose. (Dreams about family wake me up and it’s hard to go back to sleep. I should be sleeping in today.)
One thing that I know without checking any kind of fun statistical data is that I’m not really that popular to pull this off right now. That’s okay though because I’m hoping to make the system available for other podcast owners (or other creative types) in the future. I am not expecting it to make me rich like Bill Gates or anything.
I actually started working on this last year and it works. It does what I want it to do right now, but only a minimal amount of effort was put in (meaning that it works, but needs some UI work). A few things that a TIPs Account brings to the table is:
- Listen to upcoming podcast episodes early (when available)
- Listen to unreleased/cancelled podcast episodes
- Leave feedback quickly (and make it private or public) (rewards available)
- Make a customised social profile (or don’t, totally up to you)
- Upload/share your media (planned)
- Get a linking code that tracks how many unique visitors you send to any page that promotes my websites, projects, or podcast (rewards available)
- Get rewarded for using any donation option (more perks unlocked)
- Access your settings on any browser you log in to
- Remove any advertising (none right now anyway)
- Get special mailings during the year (future perks)
- Get a small gift from wherever I am at the moment (Australia, India, or the USA, usually) (future perks)
- Access new projects and/or test new functionality (future perks)
- …more stuff
If you’re interested, I can make you an account. The self-registration system is working, however, it’s a bit clunky at the moment so it’s disabled. Please send me a message if you’d like to help test it (and you’ll get all the best goodies for a while after it’s done).
If you’ve already gotten an account, you can go here. If you choose to donate after you log in, your donation will be counted as doubled.
Note: I think I only mentioned this in a podcast episode… I can’t remember. It’s been a while since I’ve mentioned it though.