Just letting you know that I’ve made a few updates to the podcast episode guide. This may be a nice way to tell you that some things might not work correctly.
Here is the list of things that have changed:
- New menu added to guide with links to the weblog, preferences, login, and support.
- Guide/Player Preferences link is now located at the top of the page. (Right now, if you change a preference, the page reloads with the new preference applied. I will be changing this later.)
- You can set preference to show button labels on the grid. It simply makes the label under the icons appear or disappear.
- Log in link added, but it’s not ready just yet. I’m testing it locally to make sure it works correctly. It will basically give you early access to upcoming episodes (if available), give you more feedback options on the player, and for supporters, access to unreleased podcast episodes, access to more images and video, and possibly handwritten mail from wherever I am at the moment. I’m hoping to have it done by early next year.
- In-post web media player and any links to listen to the latest episode will start using the new web player. It still defaults to the built-in browser media player since it doesn’t have proper audio seeking and reliable volume controls.
I’ll keep updating when I have some time. If stuff doesn’t work, kindly let me know.