My name is Ben. I’m a gay guy who’s in my late-30s. I’ve had my own website or web journal since 1998. I’ve been on the internet for a really long time.
I used to go into a lot of detail about myself and my relationships, but as I get older, there is much more that I conceal.
I am partnered to a wonderful Indian man and we’re either married or getting married soon. (I feel like it’s important to mention that he’s an Indian because there isn’t much representation for gay Indian men. Happy, loving, same sex relationships are possible.) I’m totally happy being with him, so obviously I’m not looking for or interested in a relationship with anybody else.
I don’t think that it’s nice to tell you everything here, so discover who I am a little more by reading my weblog.
People are always asking me about my journey moving from the USA to Australia. Moving overseas isn’t an easy decision and it’s also not fast.
- 1999: Left my hometown in Texas and moved to New York.
- 1999-2001: Worked. Studied.
- 2001: Went to Australia for the first time.
- 2002-2006: Traveled a lot between Australia and the USA.
- 2006: Moved to Australia to study.
- January 2007: Started “idioPod”.
- 2008: Started working in the field I studied.
- 2010: Became a permanent resident of Australia.
- December 2010: Ended “idioPod”.
- 2012: Became an Australian citizen.
- 2014: Met my current partner.
- 2015: Got engaged to my current partner.
- May 2018: Started “The Idiologic Podcast”.
- July 2018: Got married to my current partner.
My weblog doesn’t have just one topic, but it’s a mish-mash of things I think about. You might read something about what a shit week I’ve had one day, and the next day I’ll post about the kinds of foods I want to cook. I talk a bit about things that affect the gay community and politics sometimes, but try to stay away from stuff like that since it stresses me quite a bit.
My opinions aren’t always the most popular ones and sometimes, I don’t actually do the research I should to back up a position that I have–I base what I write on my feelings at the time. So, just don’t get hateful over anything that I write.
IF you want to donate, go here.
The Idiologic Podcast (TIP)
My personal journal podcast is up and running again. I basically talk about myself and the things going on around me. If you want to check it out, go here.
I update it once every week or two, usually on Fridays (Australia)/Thursdays (USA). Sometimes I can’t do that though.
In my spare time, I play games. Occasionally, I make them.
A few games that I play regularly are:
- Starbound [More Information | Steam ]
- Stardew Valley [More Information | Steam | Buy: PS4 (Amazon) – XBox One (Amazon) ]
- Minecraft [More Information | Buy on Amazon ]
- I am a big Nintendo fan, but still love playing other consoles. (No favorites!)
You may be able to watch me play games on my YouTube page.
Want to Know More?
If you’d like to send me a message, go here.